Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Friday, June 6, 2008

Corn Black Bean Crock Pot Chicken

Make this one often and is a quick easy one for entertaining. I just fill the crock pot to max and guess-timate how much salsa to put in. I think the last time I put about 5 or 6 lbs of chicken and 1 1/2 jars of salsa.
* a new note 9/2008: my neighbor likes to take the chicken out after its cooked and add flour to thicken the broth and then stir everything back in.

1 jar of TS Corn Black bean Salsa
2 1/2 lb. frozen or fresh chicken breasts

Place chicken in crockpot and add salsa. Turn on Low for 6 hours. Break apart/shred and serve or put in tortillas or hoagies. Serve with Fiesta Party dip Seasoning (for kick), sour cream, and shredded cheese. Makes great leftovers (I freeze in ziplocks enough for our family).

Makes great chicken enchiladas....wrap in tortillas and place in 9x13 pan and then cover with equal parts cream of mushroom and sour cream (combined).

Combine leftovers of this with bow tie pasta and sprinkle with some mexican cheese for a mexican pasta.

Add leftovers to lettuce and add some chips and your reg. taco salad toppings. I like to add extra corn to the salad too.

No comments: