Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Quick Yellow Chicken Curry

Our family loves curry and this is one of our favorite yellow curry dishes.  Hope you enjoy it too!

Quick Yellow Chicken Curry

2 T butter
1/4 c. flour
11/2 c. milk ( can use half coconut milk)
1 c. chicken broth
2 T Tastefully Simple Onion Onion
1 tsp. Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip Seasoning
3 T. sweet curry powder
Olive oil
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
salt and pepper
2 c. frozen peas, thawed
prepared brown rice

In small saucepan, heat 2 T butter over medium high heat until melted.  Whisk in flour until toasted.  Add milk and chicken broth and stir until smooth.  Add spices and simmer on low.  When thickened turn off and cover.

While sauce is simmering heat large skillet over medium high with a little olive oil.  Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and saute until golden brown and cooked through.   Add thawed peas and stir to combine.  Pour sauce over the top and heat all through.  Serve over rice with naan.

No comments: