Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Easy Chocolate Buttercream

Quick and easy and yummy!

Makes 1 1/2 cups enough for 12 cupcakes

10 T unsalted butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
Pinch of table salt
1/2 t vanilla
4 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled

Beat butter until smooth and powdered sugar and salt. Beat, scraping down bowl, until fully combined. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in choc. on low. Increase speed to med-high until light and fluffy about 4 min.

3 comments:

David & Jenna said...

Hi Abby,
I love recipes so I think this blog is GREAT!! I stummbled across it via my sister-in-law Julie's blog. Thanks for posting all these fun recipes! I'm making cupcakes this weekend for my youngest 1st b-day & I'm going to try out this frosting recipe, it sounds yummy! My name is Jenna Beebe, I used to sell Pampered Chef and meet you a couple years ago at your parents house when Laura had a party with me. I'm now selling TS :) I really like it and it gives me a lot more time with my kids then PC did, a lot less prep & clean-up work. Are you going to conference? If so, maybe we'll see each other there.
Thanks again for all the fun recipes!! I can't wait to start trying them all!

aklopfen said...

Hi Jenna,
Congrats on your TS biz. This is a really great frosting. I won't be at conference this year. Maybe next year.

David & Jenna said...

This was really good & super easy! Very light and fluffy.