Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quick Zucchini & Tomatoes

I like to make this when I have fresh zucchini and tomatoes to use up....or I am just craving fresh veggies. I usually make this for myself in the summer for lunch because my kids don't care for it....or at least they didn't last year :)


1 large fresh zucchini
1 large tomato, diced
1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, minced
parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
fresh basil
fresh oregano
salt and pepper
pam butter-flavored cooking spray or sometimes I use olive oil (just a little)

Chop finely the onion.
Slice the zucchini (not to thick).
Saute the zucchini with the onion, garlic.
Add all your seasonings.
Saute this for a few minutes in a pan sprayed with butter pam.
Do not saute too long as you do not want the zucchini soft.
Add the tomatoes and simmer few minutes.
Remove from heat and serve on plates adding parmesan cheese on top.

No comments: