Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quick Easy Grilled Corn

Found a great recipe that made corn on the cob easy. No soaking in water, no messy cleaning the silk off. The corn, once grilled, was easy to husk....The silk was dry and just fell off. Forget trying to scrub your corn from all the silk...this is the way to go...at least for me it was:)

Preparing corn for grilling:

1. Remove all but the innermost layer of the husk. The kernels should be covered by, but visible through, the innermost layer.

2. Use scissors to snip off the tassel, or long silk ends, at the tip of the ear.


Grilling:

1. Grill the corn over a medium-hot fire, turning the ears every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until the dark outlines of the kernels show through the husk and the husk is charred and beginning to peel away from the tip to expose some kernels, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Transfer the corn to a platter. Carefully remove and discard the charred husks and silk. Season the corn with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with butter, if desired.

No comments: