Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blueberry Struesel Coffee Cake (w/Friendship Bread Starter)


Batter:
Remaining Starter (should be about 1 1/2c.)
2/3 cup cooking oil
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs

Starter Streusel:
1/3 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup quick oats

2 1/2 c frozen or fresh blueberries

After sharing three cups of starter with friends (or keeping them for yourselves), mix oil, sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and eggs with remaining starter. Mix well and spoon 1/2 of batter into greased and floured 9 x 13 baking pan.

To prepare streusel combine all ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 of streusel over batter. Cover with remaining batter and remaining streusel.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (Since I used frozen it took a little longer; closer to the 45mins)

No comments: