Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

I always like cheap ways to do things.....so try this!

1/3 cup popping corn
2 T butter
salt

1. Pour kernels into a paper lunch bag (I got mine at Kroger and they were called "Giant Lunch bags" They are a little bigger than the reg. lunch bags) I found that these were perfect size; I think the small ones would be too small.
2. Fold the bag over (1/2 inch folds) twice (remember popcorn needs room to pop) and staple two times (I had no troubles). Place bag in microwave and cook on high 2-3 min, or until the pops are 5 sec apart.
3. Drizzle with butter and salt or your favorite toppings.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Seriously? You can microwave a bag with staples in it?

aklopfen said...

I did microwave with staples....it said on the recipe that it could be dangerous....hey, I love danger....well not really, but I thought I would try it and had no probs. It said you could use a piece of tape too.

smw said...

this is great to know!! thanks! it's cheaper, and has no weird ingredients!