Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Herbed (or peppered) Flatbread Crackers

If you read my blog post Oh Crackers, and wanted the recipe....here it is! Enjoy!
Abby

Herbed Flatbread Crackers

1c. warm water (110 degrees)
1 t active dry yeast
3 c flour
3 T olive oil
Coarse salt
1 t sugar
1 egg, whisked w/ 1 T water
Sea salt
1/4 t fresh thyme or rosemary ( I used cracked black pepper (TS Garlic Pepper) to make them spicy instead of "herby")

Mix water and yeast and let sit 5min. Stir in flour, oil, 2 t. coarse salt, and sugar. Stir until dough forms. Knead 2 min. Cover and let rise 'til double (1hr). Heat oven to 350. Divide dough into 16 pieces and cover.
Roll 1 piece in a 4x10 rectangle and transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash; sprinkle with sea salt and herbs or pepper. Repeat putting 4 per baking sheet. Bake and rotate half way thru, until golden and crisp. About 18-22 min. Cool on wire rack. There you have it! Fresh baked crackers!

Thanks, Martha Stewart!

1 comment:

T and M said...

hooray! thanks abby. these look like a lot of work but fun too ( :