Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ham and Cheese Strata

I had misplaced one of my favorite breakfast casserole recipes and recently found it on our long relaxing Christmas Break!  It was nice to be able to sleep in and have many brunches over the last two weeks....and I found my recipe I want to share.....This is an old PC recipe and it uses the 11in deep dish baker...I am sure you can figure out a dish to bake it in:)

8 slices of bread, cubed (or equivelant too...I often use french bread or hard rolls that are drying out)
1 cup of cubed ham
4 oz. of velvetta cheese, cubed
6 eggs
2 c milk
1 t onion flakes
1/2 t dry mustard
 1/2 t salt
4oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
Paprika

*Make the night before*
Grease 11 inch deep dish baker.  Put in half bread cubes, then cheese cubes, and finally ham over bread and cheese.  Add remaining bread.
Combine eggs, milk, onion, and seasonings.  Pour over bread, ham and cheese.  Sprinkle with Cheddar and paprika.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Bake 45 min at 375, or until set.

1 comment:

Ashley Baner said...

I think I will try this for Bible Study next week! Thanks for the idea! I love that is can be made the night before. BS mornings seem to disappear and I never mind having one less thing to worry about!!