Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scalloped Potatoes w/Fresh Herbs

Was a hit with friends and family....I was looking for something different to take to potluck that wasn't mashed and I had never made scalloped potatoes before.  I tweeked a recipe from Food Network's Favorite Recipes Cookbook.

2 large clove garlic, smashed
4 T butter
5lbs. yellow potatoes, peeled
1 c buttermilk
2 c chicken broth
1 c skim milk
1T fresh chopped thyme
1T fresh chopped rosemary
5t kosher salt
Freshly ground blk pepper
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1 c shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 c parmesan cheese
1 lb of bacon fried and crumbled

Preheat oven to 350.  Rub one garlic clove all over your 9x13 pan. Mince what is left of garlic.  Smear some of the butter all over the inside of the dish.
Using a mandoline, slice potatoes about 1/8in thick.  Put them in stock pot with minced garlic, remaining butter, liquid, and seasonings.  Bring to a boil over med-high heat and cook, stirring, until the mixture has thickened slightly. 1-2 min.  Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and shake pan to distribute potatoes evenly.  Bake, uncovered, occasionally spooning some of the liquid over the top, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 50 min.  Sprinkle cheeses and bacon over the top and bake until brown and bubbly about 15 min more.  Remove from oven and let cool 10 min before serving.

No comments: