Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Home-made Chicken Nuggets

With the kids home this summer, more meals are being consumed at home.  I wanted to have some good and easy meals on hand for quick lunches.  These home-made chicken (I used Organic Ground Turkey from Costco) nuggets are packed with flavor and I know what is in them.  I hope you enjoy them too!
 My recipe makes enough for about 40 nuggets.  Just pop them in the freezer in a single layer on parchment.  Once frozen, you can place them in a freezer bag or container for another day.
Home-made Chicken Nuggets
2 lbs. ground turkey
1/2 c .old fashioned oats
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika (Penzy's)
1 tsp. Tastefully Simple Italian Garlic Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper
Breading:
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 1/2 c. panko 

Instructions:
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Mix breading ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the ground chicken or turkey with the oats, Parmesan and seasonings.  Take 1 tablespoon of meat mixture and flatten to a nugget shape and press into the breading mixture and place on parchment.  Place in freezer until firm and transfer to freezer safe container or bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.  If baking from frozen, they will take around 30 minutes.
Serve with your favorite dipper...mine is Tastefully Simple Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce!





No comments: