Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Friday, June 6, 2008

Cheesy Nachos with Spicy Beef

Need a really good nacho, without going out? Here's one!

Serves: 4-6

Spicy Beef:
2 t. veg. oil
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 T chili powder
1/2 t. cumin
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/8 t table salt
1/2 lb ground beef
Guacamole:
See my Guac recipe (Drew's Guac)

Nachos:
8oz tortilla chips
1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
2 large jalapeno chiles, sliced thin
2 scallions, sliced thin
1/2 c sour cream
1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
Salsa

Beef: Heat oil and sauté onion until soft (4min). Add garlic spices and salt; cook stirring constantly 1 min. Add beef and cook 5 min.
Nachos: Middle oven rack, 400 degrees. Spread half of chips in 9x13, then 1/2 beef, and 1/2 of cheese, and 1/2 jalapeno slices. Repeat. Bake til cheese melts 7-10 min. Cool 2 min then sprinkle with scallinons. Serve with rest of ingredients.

No comments: