Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Double Stuffed Potatoes with the Works

Easy and good!

2 large Russet potatoes, cleaned and pricked with a fork several times each
Drizzle of olive oil
2 slices bacon, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
2 scallions, chopped
1/4 c sour cream
1 c shredded cheddar
salt and pepper

Preheat small nonstick pan over med-high heat. Rub potatoes with a drizzle of oil. Place potatoes on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 12 min. rotating once. While potatoes cook, add chopped bacon to hot skillet and brown until bits are crisp. Add scallions and cook scallions together with bacon 1 min. more. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Allow potatoes to cool enough to be handled; 5min. Preheat broiler to high. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl. Smash potato flesh together with sour cream until combined using a potato masher. Stir in chees, bacon, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scoop filling back into potato skins and place on a cookie sheet. Brown under broiler for about 5 min.

No comments: