Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Spicy Chicken Soup

Love this one from my friend Kate....thanks Kate! I made some changes from the original...
to make it quicker and easier. If you want this hotter, use mexican diced tomatoes.
I thought it was pretty mild even with the hot salsa...

1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2T Olive oil
6 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless cooked and shredded/cubed (can use leftover chicken or even rotissorie chicken)
5 c. chicken broth
1 jar hot salsa (16oz)
2 cans diced tomates, undrained (14.5oz ea)
1 can of crushed tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 can tomato soup
3 T chili powder (I use TS Wahoo! Chili Seasoning)
1 can corn, drained (or two cups frozen corn; I love to use TJ's roasted corn)
2 cans chili beans (16oz) undrained
8 oz. sour cream

In skillet, cook onion and garlic in olive oil til slightly browned. Put in crock pot. Add rest of ingredients and stir to combine. Put on low for 4-6hrs.

No comments: