Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SWEET APPLE SALAD

This is one my mom invented from a couple of different recipes. It is a really great Waldorf type salad. Thanks Mom!


Dressing:

½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. butter
1 cup pineapple juice, drained from pineapple (add orange juice or water to make one cup if needed)
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tub Cool Whip

Salad Ingredients:

8 cups red apples, unpeeled, diced (I use Red Delicious)
1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks or tidbits
2 cups green seedless grapes, cut in half if desired
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped celery
You can add 1-2 cups miniature marshmallows if desired

To make dressing: Stir together sugar and cornstarch till smooth. Add remaining dressing ingredients. Cook until thick. Let cool completely. When cooled, fold in Cool Whip and mayonnaise. Pour over fruit, nuts, etc. and toss to coat; keeps well in fridge for several days.

No comments: