Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Refried Black Beans

This is one of my recipes that I pretty much created by completely changing a recipe. It's one of my favorites because I love refried beans.

1 t canola oil
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 large garlic cloves, mince
3/4 t cumin
1 15oz can of black beans, undrained ( I have used kidney beans or red beans before too)

Saute onion and garlic for 2 min. in oil in a small saucepan. Add cumin and stir. Then add the black beans and mash with potato masher partially. Simmer 10 min or until thickened.

No comments: