Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mom's Spaghetti Sauce

I make this and freeze it.

2 16oz cans tomato sauce
2 16oz cans Italian diced tomatoes
1 12oz can tomato paste
1/4 c spaghetti seasoning
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1/3 c sugar
1 c chopped onion
1 lb. hamburger or sausage, fried and drained, optional
2 med. fresh tomatoes, diced
1 8oz package of mushrooms (I finely chop so the kids don't complain) I added this ingredient

Saute garlic and onion in 1 t olive oil. Add all other ingredients except fresh tomatoes and simmer 1 hour or more. Add fresh diced tomatoes and simmer 5 min more.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What is spaghetti seasoning? Do you just use italian seasoning? I have never used "spaghetti seasoning" so I wanted to ask. This is a good idea for saving money on jars of sauce...I am into the "frugal" thing now a days!

aklopfen said...

I use Italian seasoning...speaking of frugal.....I found $1 43oz jars of spag. sauce on clearance at kroger. I snagged about 5 jars....I wish I would have bought them all, you can't make it for that cheap:)

schlatter0225 said...

This was delicious! another great recipe thanks for sharing!