Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas with Pepper Jack Cheese

I love this recipe too! I make a lot of Mexican dishes because that's what we like to eat. FYI: no meat in this one.

Serves: 2

1/3 c frozen corn, thawed
2 t oil
1/3 c minced red onion
1 t minced garlic
1/2 t chili powder
1/3 c black beans undrained
2 t lime juice
Kosher salt
2 tortillas
2/3 c pepper jack cheese
1 T minced jalapenos

In hot skillet add corn and cook until kernels begin to brown and pop, 3-5 min. Transfer to med. Bowl. Heat oil in empty skillet over med heat and cook onion about 3 min. Add garlic and chili powder and cook 1 min. Stir in beans and cook 1 min then add corn and toss to combine. Gently crush black beans, dump into med bowl and stir in lime juice and salt in. Wipe out skillet and warm tortillas on at a time til browned. Sprinkle with half of cheese, bean mix, and jalapenos and fold in half. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Repeat. Place both in skillet and brown 1-2 min on each side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds delicious and cheap, Abby- and quick- what a great recipe!

Sara