Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn

I started making popcorn in my dutch oven on the stove top a couple of years ago instead of microwave and fell in love with this recipe. It really doesn't take that much longer than in the microwave and way better....in my opinion. I guess it's just the clean up that's the extra work I don't like:)
This is very yummy kettle corn.

Source: Rachel Ray
Makes: 10cups

1/4 c veg. oil
1/2 c popcorn kernels
1/4 c. sugar
1 t coarse salt

In a large pot, heat oil over med-high heat. Add popcorn. When oil sizzles, sprinkle the sugar over the kernels. Cover and shake the pan until the popping slows down, about 3 min. Remove from the heat and toss with salt.

No comments: