Welcome

Thanks for coming to the "KlopKitchen". I hope you find some recipes that you and/or your family will enjoy. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes. So I decided to blog my favorites as I come across them. I hope you enjoy them.

Please feel free to make comments about any recipes (suggestions, add ins, changes, etc....)you try.

Oh, and one more thing....I have tried all the recipes on this blog and only put ones that I really like on it. Thanks!


Abby

Monday, December 1, 2008

Easy Yummy Granola

You could buy your granola, which always expensive. Why not just throw some stuff together and make your own? No, it's not hard trust me:)

2 c rolled oats
1 c mixed seeds (any kind like sunflower seeds (not in shell), pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds) I used sunflower and sesame.
1 c mixed chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts) I used what I had: pecans and hazelnuts
1/2t salt
1/2 c honey
1/3 c canola oil
1 T vanilla extract
1 c assorted dried fruit (raisins and berries)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine oats, seeds,nuts, and salt. Whisk honey thru extract and then drizzle over dry ingredients and combine. Spread on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 15-18 min, or until golden brown, stirring once or twice during baking. Cool on tray until dry and crunchy.

Break into bite-size pieces and stir in dried fruit. Store in airtight container.

No comments: